OK, I got permission from Richard, who edited MH100, to post the questions from the quiz. PM me the answers rather than post them here. The original quiz ran in April 2006 which may, or may not, be relevant he says cryptically.
Issue 100 Megacomp
You may have heard of the quiz "20 Questions". Well, we at Editor Towers always strive to go one better. This time, we've gone 22 better. We proudly present "42 Questions". You will find below 42 questions relating mostly to The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (in ALL its forms), but also one or two about Douglas Adams himself. There may be one or two trick questions. If in doubt, remember: this is a HHGGthemed quiz...
1) What do you get if you multiply 6 by 9?
2) What is the name of Zaphod's Favourite Mother?
3) What is locked in a trunk in the attic of Zaphod's favourite mother?
4) Douglas Adams was an advocate of the Apple Macintosh computer. Of the first three that were delivered to the UK, how many allegedly belonged to him?
5) What role did Elizabeth Hurley fulfil for the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy film?
6) Whose telephone number is scratched into the run-off groove on the first Original Records album?
7) What did the sign on the disused lavatory containing the locked file cabinet say?
8) What is a Hrung?
9) If you want to irritate a Vogon, who should you feed to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal?
10) Slartibartfarst took pleasure in creating coastlines. Which country of Earth (Mk 1) won him an award?
11) How many roads must a man walk down?
12) What is the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have?
13) Which university did Veet Voojagig attend?
14) Who was Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz's psychiatrist?
15) Who did Roy Hudd play in the Original Radio Series?
16) What, according to the Guide, is the population of the Universe?
17) What was God's Final Message to His Creation?
18) Where did Zaphod meet Trillian?
19) What did Arthur Dent try to think of to prevent himself from falling the first time he flew?
20) Who was Random's father?
21) What was the name of the computer used to calculate the question to "Life, the Universe and Everything"?
22) What is Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings' claim to infamy?
23) In The Movie, how much of Marvin's screen-time is CGI (to the nearest 10%)
24) Where, in The Movie, will one see a painting of Douglas Adams and Jane Belson?
25) What is the most unspeakably rude word there is?
26) Which character's name was said by Douglas Adams to be "almost, but not quite, entirely inoffensive"?
27) What was the nickname given to Ford by his schoolmates?
28) Which current British Cabinet Minister did Iain Duncan Smith (former leader of the Conservative Party) liken to Zaphod Beeblebrox?
28) What is the title of the music that was used as the theme for the radio series and the television series?
28) Who recorded the original version?
29) What model phone is Arthur using in the first part of The Movie?
30) Where was the hymn sung by the Jatravartidian followers of Humma Kavula recorded?
31) On which planet may one see mattresses flolloping in their natural environment?
32) In The Movie, who played the disembodied head delivering the Magrathean warning message?
33) In The Movie, Ford bought six pints and handed over a #50 note. What did he hand to the barman in the Original Radio Series?
34) What powers the Total Perspective Vortex?
35) How cool is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
36) Where was the field in which Douglas Adams lay drunk, when he allegedly got the idea of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
37) Whose was a personality prototype?
38) How did Peter Davison get the part of the Dish of the Day?
39) Who is the Custodian of the Total Perspective Vortex?
40) What, in the Vl'Hurg tongue, is the most dreadful insult imaginable?
More about MH at http://www.zz9.org/mh/